What does slow traveling mean to you and why should you consider it?
How does slow travel change your overall travel experience?
In today’s episode you’ll hear all about slow travel, teaching overseas, and how the color of someone’s skin affects their travel experience.
You’ll learn quite a bit from today’s guest- a total travel junkie and serial expat- Oneika Raymond. She has visited over 80 countries on 6 continents (and counting!). She is also an entertaining and refreshingly honest travel writer, blogger, and teacher. Check out her work at Oneika The Traveller.
Quick thank you to italki for supporting today’s show. Get a free lesson here (buy one, get one free for Zero To Travel listeners).
Listen Now to Learn:
- What creates the most dramatic changes in your travel experience
- How to bring your cultural mores and values to another place
- How to have a relationship while fulfilling your travel dreams
- Why teaching is a great vehicle if you want to keep traveling
- How traveling while black is different
- Where to find inspiration to do something completely foreign (think outside the box)
- Why people of color experience a lack of representation
- How ‘one-upmanship’ in the travel world does not foster learning or growth
- Proof you can have a career while traveling the world
- And much more!
- Oneika The Traveller
- International Schools Review
- International School Teachers- Facebook group
- Search Associates
- Nomadness Travel Tribe
- Travel Noire
- Oneika Raymond- Instagram
- Oneika Raymond- You Tube
For more Zero To Travel Podcasts, be sure to check out the archives!