“It’s what you do that defines you, not your limitations.” -Justin Skeesuck
There are many modes of travel you can deicide to take.
Walking. Running. Biking.
Train. Plane. Automobile.
The list goes on.
But what if you couldn’t choose how you get around?
For Justin Skeesuck there is only one option…
Travel by wheelchair.
It certainly has its challenges but that doesn’t seem to stop Justin. He’s traveled all over the world, lived in Europe and seen more than most people have in a lifetime.
In this gripping interview Justin shares his story and what it’s like to travel the world in a wheelchair.
- How people in other cultures see disabled travelers
- What it was like to hike over 500 miles on the Camino De Santiago in a wheelchair
- When Justin lost the use of his legs and how he dealt with it
- Why your mindset is so important to accomplishing any of your travel dreams
- The logistics involved with wheelchair travel
- Justin’s philosophy of ‘working with the problem’ and how that can help you
- What it’s like to live in Italy and his unique experience on the ground
- And so much more!…
My Favorite Quotes From Justin
On being disabled…
It’s what you do that defines you, not your limitations.
I NEVER let it stop me.
I always had a passion for it (travel), I just needed to figure out a way to make it happen.
I just love meeting new people and that’s the best part about it.
On the risks involved with disabled travel…
You just have to jump in and see how you come out on the other side.