Walking 3000km along the Te Araroa may be the grandest adventure that New Zealand has to offer.
What’s it like to walk across the entire country?
Experienced thru-hiker Mike Vacek shares his story, and what it is like to live life on the trail.
Mike is also part of a small percentage of hikers who has completed the triple crown, the big 3 distance trails in the USA. He’s also walked the Camino de Santiago in Spain and countless other trails.
In this exciting travel podcast interview you’ll learn:
- What it’s like to hike the entire Te Araroa trail
- Preparing for the walk and what to expect on the ground
- Why the Te Araroa may not be the best option for beginner distance hikers
- How you can set up your life to make time for a months long trek
- Why these hikes help Mike land better jobs
- Which epic trails are doable for beginner’s and more seasoned veterans
- Wilderness treks vs. trails that run through towns and villages
- And so much more!