What do you do when you don’t feel like traveling anymore while you’re on the road? And what do you do when you’re hit by a series of crises that have you feeling like you’re living in a nightmare?
In this episode of the Zero To Travel Podcast, I talk to Jade Heilmann from We Travel and Blog about the crises her and her husband Gabriel have had to overcome while on the road.
- What to do if you get sick of traveling while you’re on the road
- How Jade started traveling
- Why Jade and Gabriel decided to get a van and how much it cost
- The problems they had to overcome with the van
- What you give up when you travel this way
- The reasons for and purpose behind their trip
- Jade’s eclectic background and why she hasn’t been able to decide on a career
- Why blogging suits Jade
- The terrible things that happened that led to them feeling like they were living in a nightmare
- Why they questioned whether or not they should be blogging
- The main downfalls of the travel industry
- The dark reality of living on the road
- How they find balance on the road
- Why you should think twice before starting a business while you’re traveling
- The problems young travelers can cause by playing in other countries
- Tips for conscious and sustainable travel
- Her advice for those who want to learn to surf
- Her tips for traveling in Baja
- The importance of crisis
For more honest interviews about the reality of travel, check out the archives!