What is it like to hop in a Land Rover and drive from Europe to India?
On a recent trip to Nepal, I was slowly wandering back on a lakeside trail from a hike near the town of Pokhara when I ran into Niels and Anna, a lovely German couple.
The first thing I noticed, even before their charming smiles, was “The Dude.”
Who is the dude?
This badass car is the dude!
The friendly couple were partway through an epic Land Rover overland adventure, peeling out of their home town in Germany just a few months ago and slowly making their way to India.
Immediately, the questions came pouring into my head:
What is it like to drive through the middle east?
How long does it take to plan a trip like this?
What is life like on the road?
Later in the evening we sat down for a pizza and I unloaded my brain full of questions in a very fun podcast interview. Give it a listen now by hitting play on the bar above.
- How a Land Rover overland trip differs from a typical backpacking experience
- How long it takes to plan an epic trip like this
- Where to find your vehicle
- Simple measures you can take to stay safe on the road
- Heartwarming stories about the kindness of strangers in Iran and throughout the overland trail
- What border crossings are like
- And much more!
Are you ready to travel overland?