In today’s episode of the Zero To Travel Podcast, I speak with Andy Steves from Weekend Student Adventures Europe to find out how to travel Europe on a budget.
Andy shares a ton of tips and advice on European travel, including how to plan the best itinerary for your trip, how to secure the cheapest flights, and which European cities shouldn’t be missed .
In this episode of the podcast, you will learn:
- The difference between traveling around Europe with your parents and on your own
- How to take a travel idea from an idea to a plan
- How Andy spotted the gap in the market for his business
- How to experience rather than just observe a new place
- What makes good tourism
- What tour guides and guide books lack (and how to get it)
- The biggest mistake people make when they travel to Europe
- How to find the cheapest flights in Europe
- How to decide which form(s) of transport to use when traveling round Europe
- Andy and Jason’s favorite train rides in Europe
- One way to get around visa requirements
- Andy’s top three off-the-beaten-track destinations in Europe
- Two of the more touristy European cities that are still worth visiting
- How to travel on a budget without sacrificing the experience
- Andy’s favorite travel books
- What Andy struggles to say “no” to when he’s traveling
- How To Quit Your Job and Travel The World!
- Location Indie
- The Paradise Pack
- Weekend Student Adventures
- Rick Steve’s Europe
- Let’s Go
- Lonely Planet
- WSA Facebook page
- WSA YouTube page
For more travel podcast episodes, check out the Travel Podcasts Directory!