In this episode of the Zero To Travel Podcast, I share my golden rule for how to pack light. I also speak with Fred Perrotta from Tortuga Backpacks about packing so that you never need to check a bag again, the backpack problem he solved, and creating a physical product.
Whether you just want to find out how to save space in your luggage, or you have an idea for a physical product and you’d like to know what bringing that idea to market would involve, you’re guaranteed to get a lot out of this interview.
TO check out Tortuga’s packs click this link.
Watch this Tortuga Daypack Review to learn more about why I love it:
In this interview, you will learn:
- The golden rule for packing: how to minimize what you bring to maximize your pleasure
- Why Fred felt the need to create a travel backpack
- How to pack properly
- The number one item that wastes space
- How to pack if you’re going to places with different climates
- The most common baggage restrictions
- Which size bag to look for, in terms of liters
- How Fred got started with creating a physical product
- Why naivety can be an advantage
- The steps to creating a physical product
- How much it costs to get a physical product designed
- One crowdfunding pitfall to avoid
- Whether or not you can still travel when you’re creating a physical product
- Why Fred decided to create a day bag
- How To Quit Your Job and Travel the World
- Do It Right and Pack Light : Timeless Travel Tactics
- Tortuga Backpacks
- Power Trip Podcast
- Extra Pack of Peanuts
- The 4-Hour Work Week
- Maker’s Row
Don’t forget to check out Tortuga Backpacks!