National Geographic Traveler of the Year, speaker, author and adventurer Alastair Humphreys believes that adventures come in all sizes.
After a 4 year, 45,000 mile bike journey in which he only spent £7000 Alastair now inspires others to have adventures of their own both big and small.
As a pioneer in the concept of microadventures, Alastair believes that people can have proper, life changing adventures close to home with little money.
In this travel podcast episode you’ll hear how you can plan any adventure big and small.
You’ll also learn:
- What books inspired Alastair to become an adventurer
- The trap you can fall into when you compare your adventures others
- How to define what success means to you
- How to plan adventures at any age
- How to go on a life changing adventure for only $1000
- How to manage your mind to complete any adventure big or small
- What a microadventure is and how you can use this concept as a springboard to bigger travel
- How to overcome your limiting beliefs
- And much more!
My favorite quote from this interview:
‘The whole planet is waiting on your front door step.’
cover photo and map photo courtesy of Alastair Humphreys