What is your most outlandish travel dream? What would you do if you could go anywhere and do anything?
In today’s Zero To Travel Podcast, I’m bringing you the second installment of our Inspiring Female Adventurers Series.
Today’s guest, Ellen Miller, has some incredible athletic accomplishments. TO highlight a few:
- She is the first American woman to summit Everest from both sides (north and south)
- The first American woman to climb the Himalayan triple crown
- Named Colorado woman of the year in 2002
- Has summited every 14,000+ foot mountain peak in CO (there are 53 of them!)
On top of that she is an accomplished endurance athlete coach, adventure racer, Nordic skier, and mountain runner.
She is also gives back as the founder of the Climb for Literacy. In this podcast Ellen shares a TON of advice on travel, athletics and what it takes to climb the biggest mountain in the world.
Listen to Learn:
- The most important thing about a travel dream
- Why being told “go outside and play” can help with adventure
- How to leverage your accomplishments to provide amazing experiences for others
- How to keep climbing after hip replacements
- What it really takes to make climbing Everest a truly enjoyable experience
- How to mentally prepare for climbing Everest
- Advice to get started on your Everest quest
- Why you should thank your mother for her genetic gifts (if you perform well at high altitudes)
- How to change the neural pathways of your brain
- Top recommendations for staying fit while traveling
- And much more!
- Zero To Travel Facebook page
- Riding 16,000 miles blind- Zero To Travel Podcast
- Inspiring Female Adventurers Episode One with Polly Letofsky- The Only Woman To Walk Around The World
- Walking across America- Zero to Travel Podcast
- Location Indie
- Ellen Miller
- Everest History- Ellen Miller
- Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer
- Climb for Literacy
- Vail Vitality Center
- The Literacy Project
Want more Zero To Travel Podcasts, be sure to check out the archives!
This is a community powered show. Please check in, say hello, share your story, let me know what you think of the podcast, provide suggestions (guests or future topics, etc.) or send me any questions you may have. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via twitter @zerototravel.
You are not alone in your love for travel and I would love your feedback. If you get value from the Zero To Travel Podcast, please leave a quick review on iTunes. Really hoping to get the word out and inspire others to travel on their terms.
And, if you want to keep in touch off the podcast, sign up on zerototravel.com for more travel goodies- articles, videos, giveaways, etc. I will continue to do my best to help you in whatever way I can.