In this – the second part of the 16 Ways To Meet Locals series – I sit down with Travis and Heather Sherry from Extra Pack of Peanuts about the best ways to meet the locals when you’re traveling.
Just in case you missed it, here’s the first episode. In the second episode we share the final eight strategies you can use to get to know locals, plus two bonus strategies!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How shopping can help you meet locals
- An easy way to get chatting to shopkeepers and waiters
- How to travel with locals
- How to have an excuse to talk to anyone
- The attitude and behavior you should use to make friends
- Why you should go to the places no one else goes
- How your hobbies can help you meet people
- Why you should learn a language
- Why you should travel solo
- Why it’s good to have friends all over the world
- Extra Pack of Peanuts
- Extra Pack of Peanuts Travel Podcast
- How Much Travel Is Too Much?
- Location Indie
- Bla Cla Car
- The Ridiculous Race
- Fluent in 3 months
For more travel tips and inspiration, check out the Zero To Travel Podcast archives.
Photo credit: 4ocima